<VV> Air Conditioning

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Jul 6 11:06:36 EDT 2012

Charles,

More information is needed:

What is the overheat symptom -- TEMP/PRESS light and/or other?

When does the overheating occur -- idling in traffic, on the highway, or
both?

What is the ambient temperature when it overheats?

Propping the heat dampers open won't make much difference -- they'll open
on their own when the engine gets warm/hot.  Unless, of course something is
holding them closed.  Removing the lower shrouds (the ones around the
exhaust manifolds with the damper doors) will make a substantial difference
in engine temperature.  However, my experience with my completely stock,
1966 ac car is that is shouldn't overheat under most conditions -- hot
outside temperatures and idling in traffic are the worst.  I assume you
don't have the idle solenoid that was present on factory as cars and this
will make a small difference when idling in traffic.

Dave Keillor