<VV> Quaker State "Defy" Oil

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:35:08 EDT 2012

I'd want proof it contained 1100-1200 ppm of zinc before using it, as
'more zinc' could be only a marginal bit more. Didn't they remove zinc
& phosphorous from today's motor oils in order to avoid damaging
catalytic converters? If so, I'm betting Q-State upped the zinc, but
not by enough to harm today's emission controls ... which means
probably not enough to protect our engines.