<VV> torque of the town

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Jul 13 13:17:37 EDT 2012

On 7/13/2012 12:28 PM, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:
> Speaking of losing a wheel - Have you seen this video?
> http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120711/CARNEWS01/120719974?utm_source=DailyDrive20120712&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=missedarticle4more&utm_content=20120711-Wheel-comes-off-in-driver%27s-hand-while-racing&utm_campaign=awdailydrive
>
> Now, there is one calm individual!

I have seen that video, but perhaps more to the point, I have seen
first-hand the results of removable wheels coming off under race
conditions.  For this reason, for my track car I did two things:  I
bought a quality quick-release hub from a dependable vendor (I can't
remember who that vendor was, but his email address is
Sethracer at aol.com), and EVERY time I put the wheel on I really really
really made sure that it was on.

Of course, it did not require a torque wrench... :-)