<VV> tire rotation--Chevy's recommended and then and now

Harry Smith harrysmith1957 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 16:00:29 EDT 2012

As a youngster working in a "service station" (remember those?) all the old
timers insisted we rotate the tires with every oil change cross the fronts
to the rear and move the rears straight up to the front, we also did a tune
up every 10 - 12,000 miles too. I continued that when I started in a tire
store and it was recommended that way by the tire manufacturer. Until the
early radials came out, anybody recall the Firestone 500 tires? They not
only pulled, they came apart! Since then I have always rotated front to
back same side.
Harry Smith
1963 Rampside
Coral Springs, FL