<VV> Oil Question

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 10:20:51 EDT 2012

Bill,
If you're running Mobil 1, you're fine... that stuff will  withstand some
SERIOUS temps... no worries.
Here's praying all my friends have a safe and timely trip to and from the
convention.
Lonzo

In a message dated 7/15/2012 6:58:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

B"H

In anticipation of a smooth trouble-free trip to Sturbridge G-d  willing, I
have a question:

>From a previous post, my car overheated  badly and was pinging loudly with
the A/C on.  I don't think I ran it for  much time since I shut off the A/C
when I heard the pinging (remember the  windows were closed!) but it DID
overheat and the TEMP/PRESS light came  on.

My question is, do you think I may have compromised the quality of  the oil
with that intense heat?  I'm running Mobil 1 full synthetic and I  also add
the ZDDP with each oil change.  The oil looks clean and the  engine runs
nicely now.

Would you folks suggest an oil change before  the 3 hour trip?

Thanks! and looking forward to seeing you guys  in a week...Bill
Hershkowitz 66 Monza 110 PG  A/C

the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/