<VV> Crazy Idiot Lights!

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 31 06:18:16 EDT 2012

Help me out guys! I have been having a problem with the three idiot lights
(Gen/Fan, Brake & Oil/Temp) on my 69 convertible. The Gen/Fan light was out
so I replaced the bulb and now none of the three are working properly. It is
almost like the ground is bad but the metal ground strap is firmly screwed
to the dash and all of the other dash lights (turn signals, high beam, gauge
lights) are working properly. Does the far right pod with the idiot lights
and gas gauge have a separate ground? I have removed the pod and screwed it
back in to make sure it was making good contact with the main dash. The car
is a Powerglide. Sometimes the lights will glow dimly, sometimes not at all.
Any ideas?

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
69 Convertible