<VV> Occasional total loss of accelerator response at stoplights

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Jun 4 01:59:20 EDT 2012

Or starving?  I had a case once when a rubber connector in the gas line from
the tank had a slight air leak.  Since it's a suction line, it doesn't leak
any gasoline while running but does suck some air bubbles.  The fuel pump
had enough excess capacity that it ran fine except when idling and during an
extended idle like at a stoplight, the carbe would run down and it would run
poorly on startup until the bowls filled again.  Then once the engine
stalled completely and wouldn't restart which forced me to find and fix the
problem.  That was years ago and it's been fine ever since.  I'm glad I
didn't have an electric pump or it would have pumped the tank dry while
driving.
RonH