<VV> Bad Starter, was Melted Wires

Robert Henry henry336359 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 20 12:19:40 EDT 2012

I've been through this problem and initially made the same assumption, that the
starter nose broke because of "User Error." It turned out to be a bad flywheel.
The rivets come loose or break and the resulting eccentric motion of the ring
gear breaks starter noses. Sometimes if you release the clutch while the engine
is idling you can hear the flywheel rattle. The fix is a clutch job.

Robert Henry
'65 Corsa Convertible Turbo
Knoxville, TN