<VV> fan mount bolts...

Ken Clark kcvair at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:03:58 EDT 2012

Cash--I know they can work loose as I am rebuilding a '63 motor that I don't think had ever been out of the car and the engine had a lot of oil running over it over the years.  The engine is basically still good, but when I started stripping it down some of the bolts weren't much more than finger tight including the ones holding the engine top cover, so I'm sure that they work loose or were never properly tightened in the 1st place.  The bottom pan and valve covers were the same way.  The owner must have added quite a bit of oil over the years.  My winter project will be going through my '65 Corsa 140 and tightening bolts and replacing a number of gaskets that I know have been in this car since new.  Ken Clark