<VV> Broken Starter Nose

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 07:43:28 EDT 2012

Man, I sure hope that's not the case with mine. I'd rather take the blame than to think that the new clutch and flywheel, both heavy duty from Clark's, are suspect.

With an ambient temp of 97-98 here in Northeast PA yesterday, I took the Monza for a 100+ mile cruise. When we stopped for lunch, it wouldn't restart again. Don't know if it was vapor locked or flooded. I tried everything I knew, but the only thing I succeeded in doing was in running the battery down. Finally called for road service through my Hagerty insurance and a fellow "Chevy lover" came out and provided enough extra juice from a jump that I could get it running. It did act like it was flooded (black smoke) when it finally started.

Never a dull moment. It was way too hot to be out running around anyway, even with the top down.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Williamsport, PA