<VV> was Steele Gaskets - now raising the lid

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 25 20:26:58 EDT 2012

Ya See, now this one bothers me a bit.  Do we have evidence that a faster
cool down is better than a slower cool down?  Or, is it more a heat sink
problem which in effect raises the engine temp after it is shut down?

Isn't the dropped seat phenomenon at least somewhat related to the number of
heat - cool cycles?  And wouldn't "faster" cooling lead to a greater number
of and somewhat more pronounced cycles?

I have no answers on this, but perhaps there is someone on VV who can help
to enlighten me and others - with some hard evidence regarding the better
way to go.

Later, JR