<VV> Steele Gaskets

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 14:38:21 EDT 2012

Hi Jeff,

I purchased the total gasket pkg from Steele for my '64 vert and when the glass shop went to install the windshield, we had the wrong gasket. Steele sent the right one overnight and I returned the wrong one at their expense also.

On another note, the gaskets around both deck lids is coming loose. I haven't checked with the body shop yet as to what adhesive they used (it's black) but does someone have a suggestion as to repair procedure(s)?

BTW, the replacement starter is in and Henrietta seems OK again. I'm following the practice of opening the deck lid every time I shut her down, regardless of what the last drive was like in terms of duration, speed, or difficulty. (There are some rather steep hills in the area of PA where we now live.)

Thanks,
Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Williamsport, PA