<VV> Top Cover Gaskets/ Lose Screws

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Tue Jun 26 06:14:45 EDT 2012

I have done the baffle mod on several cars. I had no leak issues with the screws in the top cover that hold the cut down baffle. I shimmed the blower fan up to compensate. Takes time but that's me. I don't do that mod anymore as I saw no advantage for the work involved. I have had no leak issues with the baffle and the two gaskets. I make sure the gasket contact surfaces are spotless!
--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com

---- Mike McCrae <mmccrae6 at cox.net> wrote:
> You’re not going to like my reply Smitty.....and I’ve done 67 engines being that’s all I do. Eliminating the gaskets drops the fan a considerable distance from the top of the shroud and makes it a heck of a lot less efficient. And that is if you’re using a gauge on a granite slab like we do, and adhering to the specs offered by clark’s. I believe the term is called “reversion”.

Mike McCrae of “Corvairs Only”