<VV> Top Cover Gaskets/ Lose Screws

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Jun 26 23:53:16 EDT 2012

At 02:17 AM 6/26/2012, Mike McCrae wrote:
>You're not going to like my reply Smitty.....and I've done 67
>engines being that's all I do. Eliminating the gaskets drops the fan
>a considerable distance from the top of the shroud and makes it a
>heck of a lot less efficient. And that is if you're using a gauge on
>a granite slab like we do, and adhering to the specs offered by
>clark's. I believe the term is called "reversion".

Mike, you're not gonna like what I have say...

I've done the same thing Smitty has done.  No leaks.  And no
reversion either.

Did you ever consider correcting that fan-to-shroud gap simply by
putting washers under the fan to space it back up to where it's
supposed to be?

I mean hey, it's a no-brainer.    C'mon...

tony..