<VV> carburetor and starting issue

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:07:03 EST 2012

Jim, I solved this issue in a two fold approach. Often, the float level
can be to high at the factory setting, so I lowered the fuel level a
bit. Then to stop the potential of fuel pressure pushing fuel past the
needle and seat, I installed a fuel pressure regulator in the output
side of the fuel pump before the tee. I then drove the car, repeatedly
adjusting the regulator down in 1/4 psi increments until the car would
quit at highway speeds, then adjusted it back up 1/4 psi higher. Has
worked great. No more flooded hot starts.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone