<VV> Cold air or not?

Ron ronh at owt.com
Wed Mar 7 13:39:28 EST 2012

The tire only heats up after you've parked for a while, you just waited too
long.  While driving it's as cool as the ambient air.  This is easily proven
by opening the engine doors on an Ultra Van while climbing a long mountain
grade.  Everything on top of the engine is comfortable to touch even though
the engine might be near melting under the shroud.  I've done it.
It helps to open the engine hood on a car when stopping after a hot run if
you want to save the spare because that's when it heat's up, and I've had
spares fall apart.
RonH