<VV> Fix or rebuild 65 110hp engine?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 23:04:12 EDT 2012

A very common repair back in the days when we were trying to keep cars
on the road for the least amount of money.

Just keep in mind it is probably just a stop gap repair. But, if the
other cylinders/rings look like they just have 20k wear on them, it
would be silly to replace everything so soon. When you take the head
off, remove all three jugs and see what condition the other cylinders
are in.  It takes no more parts (yes I have reused the cylinder base
gaskets)*, just a few minutes  more time. That's the real answer!

Frank DuVal

*If you buy a half head set, you will have all the gaskets anyway.