<VV> Fix or rebuild 65 110hp engine?

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 23:12:24 EDT 2012

I guess that I'd like to know what was included in the 1980 rebuild - before
even attempting a guess at the problem.  For example - new pistons?  What
kind?  What rings?  Heads through the machine shop?  What done there?

0 psi is telling me a holed piston or stuck (open) valve - possibly a loose
seat holding it open.

Anyway - removal of the right side head will likely answer your questions.
It is possible that it is nothing more than a broken ring and (if so) how
did the CRs on 3 and 5 look.  Head is off, I'd do the whole bank with fresh
rings so long as cylinders are in spec.

Ramifications?  A much better running engine....   the goal anyway.

Later, JR