<VV> Fix or rebuild 65 110hp engine?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:29:05 EDT 2012

Paul, the jest of the problem can come from many sources, as depicted
by the other guys suggestions. My 102 had had a top, rings, pistons and
a good valve job before I got it, 15 years earlier and maybe 15k miles,
but just like you I had blowby, not to zero, so I drove the car until I
discovered flat cam lobes, but the rebuild was just honed barrels, cast
rings, etc, and the car ran out of steam with only 68k miles, so the
moral of the story is to check, check and check. My cylinder barrels
were so worn when I took a oil control ring off a piston, it fell right
thru. Do like frank said, check those barrels, pistons, and valves.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone