<VV> GEN LIGHT

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 03:53:18 EDT 2012

After replacing the dimmer switch..and checking the connector, The
headlight switch has a breaker on it..only fix is a new switch..BUT it is not as
common as the dimmer switch failing.
The generator may need repolorizing.. simple to do.
check all connections / connectors  , and the main power lead in the
harness connector in the engine compartment. On my 64 , I added a bypass of the
main power lead thru a circuit breaker from the starter B+ battery  wire at
the starter (under the car , out of sight)  thru a breaker to the  harness.
 This bypasses the always too weak connection in the harness  plug.
Regards, Tim Colson