<VV> Rolling an EM w/o Drivetrain

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 09:47:53 EDT 2012

Ken,
I moved my '64 around my own shop, onto a trailer, and then around the paint shop with no drivetrain in place - just the axle shafts hanging in mid-air. They rotated out of orbit a little bit, but @ only about 100' per minute, it didn't seem to hurt anything.

BTW, I should soon know the final outcome of my rebuilt engine problems. It's been back in the shop since last reported, (about 6 weeks now and counting, GRRRR!) with the last report being that "the crankshaft had apparently been machined at least once over the last 40 years," and the mechanic, viewing the lobes as "perfect - no scratches", failed to measure them and thus replaced bearings with standard size instead of over-size. Not sure what the ramifications of that are, (I'm sure some of you will tell me ;-( ) but he has now "done it right" and should have it back together some time this week. More details when available.

A verrrry frustrated - Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.
Gainesville, FL