<VV> Fuel starvation in left turn?

chuck mckinley cmckinley313 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 14:01:00 EDT 2012

Since my recent major tuneup of my '63 Monza, I've experienced a few
occurrences of a pattern I don't recall having observed before. During
hard tight left turns (such as powering through a left turn at a
stoplight) I briefly lose power partially, and the exhaust note changes
to an odd hum. This lasts only 1 or 2 seconds and stops immediately
after I complete the turn. I'm guessing it has to do with centripetal
effects on the fuel pool in the carbs, and getting a non-standard fuel
level at the main jets. Is this anywhere close to the truth, or am I
missing some other explanation?
	I haven't noticed it on hard right turns, and that seems a little odd.
Seems like there ought to be some degree of symmetry to this,
considering how the carbs are laid out. Perhaps because I get more speed
going through left turns than right turns because I've had half an
intersection to accelerate going straight ahead before turning the
wheel?
	This is another no-biggie, but comments would be appreciated so that I
can understand what's going on.

Chuck McKinley
'63 Monza 900 80 hp 3-speed