<VV> Fuel starvation in left turn?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 14:13:15 EDT 2012

Since my recent major tuneup of my '63 Monza, I've experienced a few
occurrences of a pattern I don't recall having observed before. During
hard tight left turns (such as powering through a left turn at a
stoplight) I briefly lose power partially, and the exhaust note changes
to an odd hum. This lasts only 1 or 2 seconds and stops immediately
after I complete the turn. I'm guessing it has to do with centripetal
effects on the fuel pool in the carbs, and getting a non-standard fuel
level at the main jets. Is this anywhere close to the truth, or am I
missing some other explanation?
	I haven't noticed it on hard right turns, and that seems a little odd.
Seems like there ought to be some degree of symmetry to this,
considering how the carbs are laid out. Perhaps because I get more speed
going through left turns than right turns because I've had half an
intersection to accelerate going straight ahead before turning the
wheel?
	This is another no-biggie, but comments would be appreciated so that I
can understand what's going on.

Chuck McKinley
'63 Monza 900 80 hp 3-speed

 Chuck you are correct on your diagnosis...

This is the  time when you need to remove the tops of the carbs, while the body stays on the head.

  The bowl with the lower fuel level is the one..  adjust the float higher.. to match the other..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages