<VV> Does anybody need a 140?

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Mar 20 07:07:09 EDT 2012

I have too many Corvair engines in my garage! Does anyone
out there need a spare 140? I have one that is good for a
core/rebuild. It turns 360 degrees around with no rough
spots. I pulled one head to check and it looked okay. It
is a 140-powerglide engine with no carbs for $400. Located
in Southeast Michigan. Also have a 140-auto engine that
was "rebuilt" to the tune of $3000. Not sure about that
one. It does turn freely but I never had it running. Have
carbs and some linkage. Would like to get $1500 but make
an offer and I might say Yes! Finally I have a 140-manual
trans engine that had a $1750 rebuild before the car was
parked. I trust this one more than the other two, but I
have not had it running yet. Still in the car and the car
is still in Chicago. Buy it before I have to move the car
and it would be about $250 cheaper. $750 now in Chicago
(you pull it out?) or $1000 once I get the car back to
Detroit and hear it run.

I also have a couple or "real" 140's (1960 140 cubic inch
engines) for parts if someone needs a CavePart or two. -
Pete the Powerless Caveman