<VV> Corvair cooling fan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Mar 20 11:11:20 EDT 2012

Hi Richard,

If you're just going to drive the car in typical use, I'll go out on a limb and say it doesn't really matter.  The earlier fans move a little more air, but the mag fan is easier on the belt.  Since your stated use doesn't really involve any extremes, then I'd pick one based more on aesthetics (stock look?  want to get a powder coated one?  the mag fans don't rust?).

Perhaps we could give a better answer knowing why you are replacing the one on the car?  Since you have to pull the top shroud for the change, I'd also take a look at the heads and de-flash as well as possible if needed, that will make a bigger difference in cooling than the fans do.

--Bryan