<VV> Corvair GrandSport Drawing

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Fri Mar 23 12:31:06 EDT 2012

I have a screen shot of this drawing which was for sale on ebay on
12/21/07. Unfortunately, I didn't find another similar drawing. I
still think there was more than one of these "concept" drawings for
sale at the time.

The screen shot only shows the drawing itself and doesn't include who
was selling it or anything else. Still, I'm sure this is a novice
drawing, not a GM drawing.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 6:02 PM, ricebugg at comcast.net wrote:

> Bruce:  I've not seen that drawing before.  Interesting blend of a
> EM Corvair with a C2 Corvette on a mid-engine chassis.  Was creator
> thinking of the CERV I or CERV II that Duntov did?
>
> Do you remember what other drawing were on e-bay ?
>
> Like you, I suspect they were some bored designer's "what-if."
>
> Back in a early Sports Car Graphic, I think I remember Pete Brock of
> Sting Ray  and Cobra Daytona coupe fame did some drawings on "could
> be Corvairs".  They are buried someplace in a file.
>
> Historically Yours,
> James Rice
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:44:32 -0400
> From: Bruce Schug
> Subject: Re: GM Design exercise
> To: Brent Fullard
> Cc: Virtual Vairs
> On Mar 21, 2012, at 8:13 PM, Brent Fullard wrote:
>
>> The attached photo was posted on the Corvair Center Forum. The
>> poster did not know the source of this photo. I was wondering
>> whether any of you might know the background to this design exercise?
>> Name: Screen shot 2012-03-21 at 12.27.33 AM.png
>> Type: image/png
>> Size: 628967 bytes
>> Desc: not available
>>
> I'm pretty sure this is not a GM drawing. Dave Newell would know
> better. I think I saw this drawing and others on ebay a couple of
> years ago. I think it's just a drawing some guy did; sort of his idea
> of a Corvair concept.
>
> Bruce

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug