<VV> Lifespan of standard ignition points

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 18:02:41 EDT 2012

You can get points to last almost forever. If you install a points
triggering CD ignition, like the old Delta Mark X or Mark XB. They changed the
function of the points to that of a switch to tell the CD ignition when to
fire. The points no longer carried all of that current. HOWEVER - Now you have
to clean off the points because they live in an oily (on a Corvair)
semi-toxic  environment. The faces will get dirty, and there is no triggering spark
to keep  them clean(er). You will get a miss when the points get dirty, but
a simple  wiping of the faces will return them to "clean".

- Seth Emerson

In a message dated 3/25/2012 2:49:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,