<VV> ignition knocking on 66 Corsa Turbo

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 13:50:10 EDT 2012

Hi Guus,
If the SafeGuard is indicating electronic retard so much at higher loads,
it's an indication that your distributor is NOT providing enough (or even
ANY)  retard by itself and the SafeGuard has to compensate.  This is assuming
you  haven't already made significant modifications to the engine and
controls such  that the stock distributor pressure retard cannot, by itself,
handle the  changes.
So check that pressure retard and let us know if it's working.
Regards,
Frank Burkhard
P.S.  Is it tulip time in the Netherlands, yet?<GGG>

In a message dated 3/28/2012 3:22:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,