<VV> looking to buy a spare fuel pump

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 30 01:42:56 EDT 2012

Hex or straight slot screw head should not matter.  Look for white stripes
(irregular pattern) on the edges of the diaphragm ("rubber" piece sandwiched
between the upper and lower portion of the pump).  These indicate later
(current?)  (supposed to be alcohol resistant) fuel pumps.

All of them (well they used to anyway) come with instructions (often never
read) which indicate that the top bolts (screws) should be tightened at the
time of installation.

Right now, I think that you are looking for a problem that does not exist.

Too many parentheses above?  Let me know and I'll make it easier to read.

Later, JR