<VV> Fuel Pressure WAS looking to buy a spare fuel pump

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Mar 30 16:19:21 EDT 2012

Hi Lon:
As you said, those suggesting cutting the spring are 'creating an all new superstition involoving fuel pumps.'  On the other hand, they may have been trying to solve a low fuel delivery problem caused by a weak spring so cutting off some of the wire might have helped ... Maybe not.  They did not specify their problem. So far, nobody has made mention of a spring supplier.

Perhaps I should not have suggested replacing the spring as a way of regulating fuel pressure even though it is a legitimate method.  A softer spring will, in fact, lower the fuel pump maximum out-put when that is the cure needed.  A 'harder' spring will supply fuel at a higher pressure in instances when top end high performance is hindered by insufficient fuel delivery.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.