<VV> Fw: 66 monza convertible

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Fri Mar 30 21:29:37 EDT 2012

That is a tough call on what to do with the car.  My '65 sedan has rust in some of the same areas, has body repairs and some filler, some visable rust and bubbles, some bodywork done to various degrees.   Overall mine looks good so when I look at the rusty spots and fret I have to just tell myself that it isn't a show car, will never be a show car, and that the point of having it is just to drive it as often as possible and to share the fun of using the car with family and friends.  That's a hard thing for a perfectionist; to not just see the flaws in a car.I had an EM Monza coupe that I spent too much time fussing over and trying to make the car pretty once, and forgot to enjoy it.  I'm a little older now and learned from that I guess.Bottom line is that I enjoy seeing the pictures shared on here of cars that have some miles on them.   I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of the car if you like it.   Jim