<VV> opinions on fair price please =)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:44:45 EDT 2012

Hi guys, Assuming the link works please take a look at this expired ebay
auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item4164b54b86&item=280862477190&nma=true&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&rt=nc&si=ojWprLB9H438xNA2ci0bWB7c4d8%253D&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1156

I've contacted the seller and obtained some more info.  The engine is
supposedly a fresh rebuild done 20 years ago.  I asked if it is documented
and he said he's pretty sure they have the paperwork.  He also says the
body resto was done on a rotisserie 20 years ago then put in storage.  They
have recently started the engine and checked it out, he says it runs
beautifully with good oil pressure yada yada.  I was also told that they
now have the majority of parts to complete the car, but I also have a car
here I'm parting out that can supply anything not Spyder specific that is
missing.

The guy on the phone said they are asking $2,800 for it and hoping to get
$2,500.  I told him that was high.  Can I get opinions from some of you on
what this should be worth?  The worst part of a resto is the bodywork, and
that is already all done (as well as the engine supposedly) so the car does
interest me quite a bit.

Thanks!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III