<VV> Valve seats

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu May 3 17:07:32 EDT 2012

The reason I say not to replace perfectly good valve seats is because,
unless done by a select few individuals (like Steve) you will probably
make the situation worse for your self.  You say you have an excellent
local shop that works with aluminum heads all the time? They may
certainly do a good job on the seats - but I've seen MANY who couldn't.

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com
SIGN UP FOR OUR ONLINE NEWS - A new one is coming out this evening or
tomorrow!
http://www.corvairunderground.com/E-news.htm

I can remember 1999  Tahoe...  guy from Wash. State  had the "premier"   Head shop, that everyone used,  do his heads.. to "be safe".

On the way down... one seat... We pulled the head and installed a used Swapmeet head........ next day... a seat in the other head dropped..

Bought another used head... he made it back home fine  IIRC.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages