<VV> my annual Multiple Sclerosis donation request

angrycorvair at aol.com angrycorvair at aol.com
Thu May 3 22:21:07 EDT 2012

 Greetings, my long-lost Corvair family --

Due to some personal reasons, I had to give up some of my vairied interests and focus on just a few really important ones, which is why I haven't been around here lately.   I haven't had a Corvair since I sold my '61 Lakewood project in '06.  :-(

But that's not the reason for my post.   The reason for my post is to announce my participation in another Bike MS fundraiser ride for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.   This year I'm riding in the Chesapeake Challenge, organized by and benefiting the Maryland chapter of the NMSS.   As in years past, I will ride 100 miles on Saturday, but will not be able to do that distance on Sunday because it is not one of the options.   Oh well, 150 miles for the weekend is OK, I guess.

Again, I'm riding for my older brother Frank, who was diagnosed in 1994, and can no longer walk due to this disease.   As I've done every year since 2008, I'm riding the road bike that he bought in 1979 and rode until the mid-90's.   Having that connection to him while I'm out on the road helps keep the pedals turning, for sure.

If your budget still has anything left in "Charity", may I ask that you consider contributing to my fundraising effort by following the URL below and clicking on the "Donate To Patrick" button above the thermometer on the left side of the screen.   Every penny is appreciated, and there's no such thing as "too small a contribution".

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/MDMBikeEvents?px=8449411&pg=personal&fr_id=17584

Thank you!

patrick aka

AngryCorvair at AOL.com