<VV> valve seats II

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu May 3 23:00:44 EDT 2012

       All this valve seat hoopla has, for the most part confirmed my theory.  Heat is your biggest enemy.

I can truthfully say that  since I learned about "deflashing" the heads and jugs, after carefully inspecting them, and have been "anal" about unobstructed air flow  thru the heads, and have taken seriously great pains to make sure the engine "plenum chamber"  and compartment is correctly sealed, and use a good (Amsoil) 15w40 synthetic oil and bypass filter setup as a heat dissipation aid :     I haven't lost a valve seat yet.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'63 ragtop 84/pg

'65 monza 4dr 110/pg