<VV> Valve seats

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:59:54 EDT 2012

Bryan, if a seat is working in its hole, it will bang on the material
under it and the aluminum will mushroom underneath creating a slight
bulge at the seam to the seat, and may move enough to start widening
the hole in the head the seat fits into. If both these areas are tight
seams you should be good to do a valve job on. Keep in mind a 140 hp
engine is about 50% more power than a 95hp and so the smaller engines
have a hard time running warm enough to really hurt anything. 140 hp in
this configuration is pushing the upper limits where the heads always
run hotter in every day service so those heads will have more problems.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone