<VV> Oil Pressure Question

Bob Gilbert corvairbob at bresnan.net
Mon May 7 11:17:11 EDT 2012

Hi Bob,

A few decades ago I was crusing along in my FC in NM at about 80MPH. Looked
down and the oil pressure was O !!! I  shut the engine down and coasted to
the side of the road. I waited a few minutes and started the engine. 20#
pressure, that was normal for this engine. Later I talked to a Corvair
mechanic and he said that an oil pressure guage could scare you on a
Corvair. Never saw it that low again, but 20#s was normal for idle. I drove
it for many years after that without problem.

My 2cents worth,
Bob