<VV> 62 wheel cylinder question

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:47:23 EDT 2012

I understand what you guys mean, but this is not a fair example from my
perspective.  There is a removal procedure, it seems to tell you what
fastener to remove, and the fasteners that I was unaware of are completely
impossible to see from the front OR rear of the backing plate.  I think
needing to pull the axle out of the differential so you can move the
backing plate out away from the suspension arm in order to be able to see
and access the fasteners bears mentioning.

Again, I know where you guys are coming from and if I had just done the
fronts (assuming they also have these attaching screws but they are
VISIBLE!) I'd probably have thought to look harder for additional attaching
hardware on the rears, unfortunately I had not recently removed fronts and
I thought I had covered all my bases when I checked the factory manual,
supplement, and tech guide, as well as looking over the (visible portion
of) the back side of the backing plate very thoroughly!  Fortunately the
part that broke is essentially expendable.

--
*Looking to buy a Spyder coupe for 3k or less*

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA