<VV> valve seats revisited (Engine Braking)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue May 8 13:22:37 EDT 2012

That's why IMHO not just turbos and 140s but ALL Corvairs need at least
ONE head temp gauge.

Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 5/8/2012 11:23:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
vairmike at sbcglobal.net writes:

My  experience with dropping valves has mostly been when going from steady
hwy
cruising (no indication of overheat) to closed throttle exit ramp. I could
see
hill climbing to engine braking could easily be worse. I think most of  my
cases
of dropped valve seats were caused by a previous (months or  years)
overheating
from broken/thrown belts.

Mike  Kost