<VV> valve seats and "Ping"

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu May 10 16:08:15 EDT 2012

 OK, after some reflection, that may be a bit too conservative. I do know, once
CHT reaches 400F or more, detonation and preignition become a LOT more prevalent
here. And no doubt, all that knocking will beat on things in a way that not only
kills power, but engine parts as well, and seats come to mind...

 John Roberts

  My exact  beliefs!  When in SoCal I did everything possible to keep from pinging...keep the heads near 300F.

 No that I'm on the Oregon coast I find I can run the 400f for efficiency....  and not rattle!

I've only lost 3 seats in my life.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio