<VV> PG question again

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 10 22:02:16 EDT 2012

I hooked  the cable into the trans (IN DRIVE). TV hole approx 3/8" below the
case edge. With the throttle rod not connected to the carb cross shaft, smooth
shifts into all gears including LOW. NO change in idle speed.

However when I connect the TV lever to the throttle shaft and to the carb cross
shaft in LOW, the engine responds by increasing the idle. With the help of an
assistant, I could see the TV lever rotate upward slightly which  will push the
throttle rod up and increase the idle.

 There is no adjustment at the throttle shaft or the TV lever linkage. I suspect
there may be an adjustment inside the PD to align/realign the TV lever shaft
internally?

 Also all the adjusting swivels are not in a normal place which is usually in
the center of the threaded part.

 MIKE KOVACS