<VV> Windshield Dilemma

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu May 10 22:43:16 EDT 2012

I would like to say thank you to all who responded to my question about the windshield gasket and chrome.  It looks like it can be used as is, without the chrome strips, and the only draw back is you'll see the line where the chrome is supposed to go.

      Now, some have asked why I would want to use a "Monza" gasket that way.  The reason is simple.  My windshield leaks with the brand new gasket installed.  Since I'm going to have to remove the windshield again to get it to seal correctly, and since I like the 500 look, I thought of just forgetting the chrome strips as they don't fit correctly anyway.  Jeff, at the Corvair Ranch,  showed me why and basically how to fix it, but if I can do it without messing with that i'd rather do that.  Lastly, does anyone out there have a nearly new "500" type windshield gasket they'd like to trade even up for a nearly new Monza gasket AND the chrome strips too?  E-mail me off line if interested.  Thanks.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'63 ragtop 84/pg

'65 Monza 4dr. 110/pg