<VV> Brake Master Cylinder Question

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Fri May 11 11:00:49 EDT 2012

Jay,

The rubber cup should stay with the cap.  Add fluid to the cylinder bowl and install the rubber cap on top.  Note the indentations on the rubber cup that help bubbles collect and dissapate to keep the fluid from becoming aerated in the bowl and allow it to expand downward with the fluid as the level drops.  I fill mine to just bellow the level of the rubber piece.  I don't remember what the repair manuals say exactly as I haven't one handy.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA