<VV> No electrics

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:59:01 EDT 2012

Today I took the '66 Monza to the first car show of the season.
Surprisingly, I wasn't the only one there with a Corvair! Lee Donahue
brought out his '67 four door.

But the serious part of this email is that my shut off on the way home. I
was going about sixty, up a hill, and everything just shut off. There was
no warning, it was just like someone pulled the battery cable. Even though
going uphill, I managed to coast to a side road. I got out, opened the lid
and everything looked normal. I shook a few wires, to make it look like I
knew what I was doing, opened the door, got in, started the car and drove
home.

So my question is what could have caused that momentary absence of power?
My wire shaking was aimed at the main connector and the "horrible red
plastic thingy" or whatever you guys call it. Was my aim in the right
direction? Any thoughts on what I should do now? I think I have a new
"plastic thingy", but should I look to something better?

Thanks for your input.

Marc Sheridan
Waverly OH
'66 Monza 'vert 110/4