<VV> no electrics

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun May 13 14:00:36 EDT 2012

When I rewired the '62 ragtop for an alternator, I installed a HRPT
on the engine bay box rail beside the battery, same place as on a
late.  I had a like-new HRPT on hand so I put it there.  That was
years ago and since then, not a lick of a problem from it,
ever.  Likewise the other lates here with their own HRPTs.  If you
don't drool battery acid on them and let them rot, they work
fine.  If you keep them clean, they work fine.  If you don't ignore a
PO's disregard for them and you clean them up and make sure there's
good electrical contact there, they work fine.  A single drop of
engine oil on them when you change the oil keeps them working fine.

Just sayin'.   Diss them and curse them if you must, but mine all
work fine... except the one that was on the Corsa ragtop which was
pre-fncked to begin with so it got replaced with a junction
connector.  That was before I ran across a few HRPTs that were in
good shape free for the taking.

tony..