<VV> Torque converter

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu May 17 00:32:03 EDT 2012

The Corvair TC holds just over 118 oz of transmission fluid.  63 oz of
fluid will drain out of a full TC if held in a vertical position.  It is
in Bob Ballew's book.   The shop manual says 8 quarts to fill a dry TC
and transmission.   Always add at least 1 quart of fluid to the TC
before installing.  Does the same thing as priming the engine before
starting a rebuilt engine.
Jim Davis