<VV> was "Ping" - now fan height

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 17 00:38:10 EDT 2012

Tim,

I took that to mean that he made the adjustment at INSTALL time by test
fitting the top shroud (turkey roaster for clarification).  In other words,
he is not sending the bearing shaft all the way "home" at install.

My thought when I read his post was that this would limit the "room for
error" when the bearing shaft (at some later date) began to rise and push
the fan into the shroud - or more likely - into one of the sheet metal
screws which holds the belt guard in place.  It might also affect how long
that shaft stays in place if not fully in place at the get-go.

Later, JR