<VV> fan height

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Thu May 17 11:06:52 EDT 2012

It's been a few years since I replaced the fan bearing but if my memory serves me there isn't a "fully in place" stop or any such thing.  It's set at a specific height isn't it?  Why would it ever move unless the interference fit was too loose?  "when the bearing shaft (at some later date) began to rise"
I would think that what we need is an insert that connects to the shroud that matches the top of the fan.  Without an insert then shrinking the clearance seems to be the next best thing.
Joel McGregor