<VV> fan height

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 17 11:50:23 EDT 2012

Joel,

A few years ago, I had a failing bearing on a trip from Minneapolis back to
Chicago.  First noticed when I seemed to have "cruise control" going down
the highway.  The fan and bearing had risen upward and the top of the
bearing was holding the throttle cross shaft partially open.  I pounded it
down with a rubber mallet and went on my way.  I had to stop five or six
times to repeat that "fix" during that trip.  One of the stops was at George
and Jackie Johnston's place in Wisconsin - to pick up a new bearing.

But...   You are right about there being a measured height for the installed
bearing.  I'd have to look it up again now and I seem to recall that it is
not the same for early VS late.  So, your memory is better than mine.

Later, JR