<VV> Fan and Shroud

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 17 14:43:09 EDT 2012

Well, that was much more than a mere picture.  The diagram shows (I assume)
a late model fan with 24 blades (vanes) evenly spaced.  The magnesium fans
have 11 blades and are not evenly spaced.  I know nothing about fan
technology, but now wonder if the spacing has anything to do with air flow.
I've always assumed that the uneven spacing had to do with harmonics and
noise level.

Later, JR